Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sandwich Sushi

Today's bento was really fun! While my 11 year old is really adventurous and will eat actual sushi, my 5 year old...well she's another story. Part of Bento for me was broadening the scope of what she will eat by making it fun. So I took veggies I knew she's eat and made then into simple sandwich sushi, with whole wheat bread, and a little mayo. She loves eating with chopsticks so I made sure everything in the bento was kid chopstick friendly.



Here's a little pictorial on how I made the "sushi".



2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What an awesome idea, Dawn! This would be so helpful for some of my friend's with picky kids ... I'll be forwarding this post on for sure :)

Daisy Petal Designs said...

Lindsay, this was exactly my aim with Madie, she can be VERY picky. She really enjoyed these though. Thanks for sharing my blog!